3 May 2008

At the airport


Here are some useful phrases:


1) Buying a ticket

· I'd like to reserve two seats to London.

· Will that be one way or return flight?

· How much is a return ticket?

· It's € 819. Will you pay by check or by credit card?

· Here's my Visa Card. Can we get an aisle seat please?

· You can choose your seat when you check in.

2) Checking In

· Can I see your ticket and passport, please?

· Here they are. Can we get one seat near the aisle?

· Yes, that's no problem. You're in seats 27B and 27C.

· Thanks. Where do we go next?

· Go to Gate A8, straight ahead then turn left.

· On the Airplane

· Would you like something to drink?

· Could I have Coke with no ice?

· Here you are. Please fill out this form before the plane lands.

· What is this form for?

· It's a Customs and Immigration form. You will use that in the airport before you can enter the country.

4) The Arrival

· Thank you for flying Happy Airlines!

· I had a good trip. Thanks for your help.

· It was our pleasure and we hope to see you again.

5) Getting through Customs

· Do you have anything to declare?

· I just have one bottle of wine. It's a gift for my friend.

· How much wine is in the bottle?

· It contains 750ml.

· That's fine. Have a nice stay.

6) Getting your luggage

· At which carrousel will our luggage be?

· At number 5, over there.

· Great! I'll get a trolley right away.


7) Going through the Customs

· What's in the small bag?

· I have a laptop computer and some books.

· Could you open it please and turn on your computer.

· Sure. It will take a few moments to boot up.

· Okay, everything seems okay. You can go.

8) Getting out

· Excuse me, where can I get a taxi?

· Go down to the end of the hall and the taxis are waiting just outside.

· Thank you!



Vocabulary:

return flight - Rückflug
aisle - Gang
Customs and Immigration form - Zoll- und Einwanderungsformular
pleasure - Vergnügen
to declare - verzollen
to contain - beinhalten
to boot up - laden

Checking In:
Listen to the dialogue here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very useful indeed. It`s not the first time I`m looking through your Blog.

Great ideas! Thank you!