27 May 2008

Exercises for the 4th Test


Fill in to be able to instead of can

1 I am sorry, but I (not, can) to help you next week.

2 If it stopped raining, we (can) go swimming.

3 The door was locked, so I (not, can) get in.

4 If I were a magician, I (can) do my homework by magic.

5 Summer is coming, so we (can) go swimming soon.

6 Last week Sally (buy) a bicycle because Granny had given her money.

7 You (can) do the Maths homework yesterday? – No, it was too difficult.

8 I (not, can) come to the cinema with you, I have to study for the English test..

Fill in to have to instead of must

9 Yesterday I (must) stay at school until half past four.

10 If it rains, the children (must) play inside.

11 Aunt Jenny (must) clean the birdcage every day.

12 Yesterday Uncle Bill (must) clean the birdcage because Aunt Jenny was ill.

13 If it gets colder, we (must) switch on the central heating.

14 If I lost my my wallet, I (must) buy another one.

Form sentences with to be allowed to - nicht dürfen

15 Why don’t you drive the car?

16 Why didn’t you visit me yesterday?

17 Why didn’t Jim eat the cake?

18 Why doesn’t the cat sleep on your bed?

19 Why won’t Sally go to the cinema?

20 Why haven’t you been to the party?

For the answers click here

No comments: